1.Clients and their guests are required to conduct themselves in a reasonable manner at all times: Unruly clients and their guests will be evicted with no refund of monies paid.
2. The hotel reserves the right to hold the client liable for any loss or damage to the Old Rectory’s property, fixtures and fittings, including items hired for their use. They may also be held liable for injury to any person including Old Rectory Staff, which arises from the client’s action.
3. Clients and their guests may not bring or consume food or drink on the premises that hasn’t been supplied by the hotel.
4. The Old Rectory Hotel has exclusive rights to all catering in the Hotel and its grounds.
5.The hotel will not be liable for any failure to provide, or delay in providing, facilities or services as a result of events or matters outside the hotels control.
6. The hotel will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the requirements of each client are met; however the hotel reserves the right to provide alternative services of a least comparable standard at no extra cost to the client
7. In the event of the Old Rectory Hotel having to cancel a function due to circumstances beyond our control, we will either offer a full refund, an alternative date or endeavour to secure an alternative venue
8. Smoking in all bedrooms is prohibited. A £100 penalty will be added to the final bill should the non smoking policy not be adhered to.
9. The hotel reserves the right to charge any guests found to be stealing items from the bar or any other area of the hotel which may result in clients being removed from the premises.
10. The Old Rectory Hotel reserves the right to charge cleaning bills for any client who is found to have suffered alcohol related illness within the hotel.
Health and Safety
The Hirer will comply at all times with the Duty Manager on all aspects of Health and Safety. All users of the Old Rectory Hotel must keep all fire exits and fire fighting equipment free from obstruction and available for immediate use.
It is the responsibility of all users of the Old Rectory Hotel to ensure that (a) no activity by them contravenes any Environmental Health Regulation, (b) due regard is paid to current Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations in regard to such substances brought by them into the Old Rectory Hotel and its grounds and (c) all statutory requirements required by the Electricity at Work regulations are fully complied with.
Charges & Payment
11. Unless otherwise agreed in writing all invoices are due on departure date.
12. The hotel requires at least 4 days to set up a credit account and reserves the right to refuse credit or withdraw credit at any time without notice.
13. Credit accounts are due for payment by the end of the month following invoice date. The hotel reserves the right to add a credit charge of 2½% per month to overdue accounts.
14. Should a deposit be required for any bookings or events this will be detailed separately to the client. All deposits and pre-
15. Final and chargeable numbers are to be given to the Old Rectory Hotel 3 days prior to any booking or event. All clients meals which have been ordered in this time are to be charged up to this date. Cancellations within these 3 days will still be charged.
16. An individual booking is only confirmed if supported by a deposit requested by the hotel or credit card guaranteed.
17. Company and group bookings are only confirmed if supported in writing with approved credit facility. Individual bookings may normally be cancelled without penalty 48 hours prior to arrival.
18. Bookings cancelled after this time will be invoiced for one nights charge without notice. At specific times of the year this policy may be changed and details will be made known to the client at the time of booking. Group bookings may have a different policy depending on numbers and details will be made known to the client at the time of booking.
Weddings, Functions and Banqueting
19. Provisional reservations will be held for 14 days. Bookings not confirmed will be automatically released.
20. A booking is only confirmed upon receipt of a letter of confirmation together with a suitable deposit as laid out below. This deposit is non-
The required deposit for Weddings is £500.00 unless stated otherwise. For other events a deposit of 10% of the estimated total is required to confirm the booking. Please be aware that all paid deposits are non-
21. Final details and full pre-
22. Any extra charges incurred on the day must be settled on departure. The hotel has the right to add a credit charge of 2½% per month to overdue accounts. The hotel strongly advises a cancellation insurance, as all payments once received are non-
23. In the event that the client has to cancel or curtail a booking the hotel will charge a cancellation fee based on the following scale.
4 weeks or less 100% charge